Wednesday 22 February 2012

variance bites

now don't feel sorry for me ladies and gents we have all been where i am at the moment, You know what i mean, That gut wrenching place, where from the moment you get involved in a pot worth any while and you are a huge fav to win and your opponent Bink's the 5 percenter LDO...and you just shake your head or fist or whatever at the screen hoping that somehow that it didn't really just happen again
Well that is where i find myself at the moment , I moved from my beloved 888 to stars as apparently <3 stars is the way forward, luckily for me i only started at the mico's as i wanted to build a roll from virtually nothing,I mean  how hard can it be to beat the mico's at 10nl RIGHT erm no WRONG apparently,
I Have tried everything from 21-18 to 23-9 over like 35k hands but the poker gods seem to wish that i lose any pot where i get it in good so i win small pots and lose the ones where stacks are involved i.e aa v kk and k Bink's or flopped nut straight versus flopped 3 of a kind and it goes in and full house appears as if by some black magic.
Its even got to the stage where it is affecting my partner, after for the umpteenth time my obscenities can be heard from my desk into the living room  where my partner was doing some jigsaw puzzle or other. she shouts what's a matter with you now!!  i shout back come and have a look at wtf has just happened to me again wtf  is going on!!!! i mean look how can i bloody be   -6.7bb/100 against these lot, she looks at me and uses the one word that she has picked up from me in regards to poker over the years  VARIANCE, i just laugh at her and think to myself (well you can kiss my derier) But say yes pet i guess you are right...and take a tilt break, i often use these  when playing at a higher level and things are not going right but for the love of god I'm not supposed to be having to take one whilst playing 10nl......
So night after night I'm playing bad losing pots which are mathematically not really mine to lose and she is still doing her jigsaw Then finally comes the magical words i long to hear coming from the other room, ffs i have finished my jigsaw puzzle and there is three pieces missing!!!! i have spent a week doing this for nothing!!!!!,I duly oblige her with the revenge word i have had on my mind since she said it to me, WELL DEAR THAT'S VARIANCE,
The one thing i didn't tell her though was i was the V in variance and had tilt shoved her 3  pieces in the bin two days earlier...
meanwhile i continue along the path or rather ski slope that is my stars poker graph  in the hope that one day i will win something that will enable me to buy her a new jigsaw lolz
out for now

diiing

No comments:

Post a Comment